Friday 8 July 2011

Mighty Eagle

MIGHTY EAGLE

Come mighty eagle
Rest your weary wings on Mother Earth.
I am constant, I am love.
I have been here since time began
In the beginning, many eagles roamed the earth
The ways were simpler
Love and peace abounded

My child you have spread your wings
all over the earth
Helping people know your ways
But you are not happy
You have helped yourself to earth’s bounty
But these things leave you empty
You have the power to rule nations
but your spirit is still dying
Where is your peace?

Your young ones are troubled
You have lost control
As a family you can move mountains
But your families are breaking apart
You have everything to gain
but you are left with nothing
Where is love?

Mighty eagle
Start again
Return to your spiritual home
Nourish your spirit, refresh your soul
Go back to your beginnings
Let go of ways that don’t work
I will be with you on your journey
I am constant, I am love

© Mavis O’Sullivan 

This poem is about USA

No comments:

Post a Comment