Thursday 7 July 2011

Silent screams

Silent Screams

Silence, words wont come, but so much we feel
Still Living with this hell that seems so real
A pity party, is that what they say?
Get on with your life, seize the day,

but the silent screams wont go away.

A marine highly trained to fight in wars
For my country I fought, I believed in the cause
Just doing our job we fought as teams
Not one of us prepared for the screams

of the casualties of the war

Lady, I just don’t know what to say
Or why I’m standing here this way
Don’t blame me, I was sent here to kill
It’s against my nature but it’s my country’s will

Please don’t scream that I killed your baby.

The women’s screams pierce the day and night
And in the darkness I awake in fright
Of a distant war that still seems so real
The sounds of the war, emotions we still feel

Feelings that wont go away

In the darkened past I can still hear the cries
Of my fallen buddies, who lay there and died
In an alien jungle far from their homes
In the silence of night I can still hear their groans

and the sounds just wont go away

Please Lord make the screaming go
Give me back my life and I just want to know
Can we stop the wars, the traumas, the dying
Can we pray for world peace and stop the crying

maybe then the screaming will go.


(c) Mavis O'Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment